Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Minnema in 2044

Devon Minnema is a 14 year old tea party organizer who is very well spoken and, based on this brief interview, I would say well read.  However, I will confess that I normally have a negative reaction when kids proclaim they want to be president.  Therefore I would have liked for him to have ended the interview by saying he has no interest in running for president in the future but instead would like to do something more productive like becoming an entrepreneur or an engineer or maybe even a professional wrestler.

He said that some of his government school teachers were not so receptive to the ideas of liberty but he explained his Young Americans for Liberty group were about "Peace, prosperity and freedom.  How can you argue with that?"  Good answer but I am surprised that that silenced the typical lefty teacher.


No comments: