Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Is the Atlas Shrugged Movie suitable for children?


I have tickets to see Atlas Shrugged Part 1 on Friday, April 15.  My review will be posted either late Friday or early Saturday.  The movie is rated PG-13 for “some sexuality” so it probably is not going to be appropriate for younger children but, of course, parents need to make that decision for their own children.  I have walked out on PG movies with my children (and demanded a refund) and I have been okay with some PG-13 movies.  Since my children are in middle school it is especially critical that my wife and I be aware of what is an acceptable PG-13 movie and what is not.
In the past I have been assisted by the reviews from PluggedIn.com and Kids-in-Mind.com in helping me decide if a particular movie is appropriate for my children.   However, since Atlas Shrugged is an independent release, it will probably not be reviewed by PluggedIn.com or Kids-in-Mind.com for a few weeks, if ever.  (I hope I am wrong.)  Therefore, I plan on reviewing the movie from the perspective taken by those two well-known movie review sites. 
Check back Saturday morning.

No comments: